Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Long Island during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Airmax Long Island Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Airmax Long Island Inc at 631-737-5566 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.