It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the best savings you can. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a variety of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Airmax Long Island Inc in Long Island has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 631-737-5566.