With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Airmax Long Island Inc professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system working well for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is working correctly and can identify potential issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Airmax Long Island Inc a call at 631-737-5566.