As warmer weather begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Long Island? Especially if your AC system is up-to-date or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Airmax Long Island tech can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Airmax Long Island
Now is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Airmax Long Island pros a call at 631-737-5566 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.