In Suffolk/Nassau County you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace service
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a pro, like Airmax Long Island Inc, if you see any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Signs related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a clogged condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Airmax Long Island Inc at 631-737-5566 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.