During the colder Long Island months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Airmax Long Island Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Airmax Long Island Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Airmax Long Island Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Airmax Long Island Inc at 631-737-5566 or book an appointment with us online.