Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Suffolk/Nassau County summertime, have the professionals at Airmax Long Island Inc perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Airmax Long Island Inc today at 631-737-5566.