Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Suffolk/Nassau County are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Airmax Long Island Inc in Suffolk/Nassau County will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 631-737-5566 and keep cool this summer.