Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Long Island is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Airmax Long Island Inc always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Airmax Long Island Inc in Long Island at 631-737-5566 today.