There’s no getting around the changing weather in Long Island, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Airmax Long Island Inc expert stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures drop in Long Island. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Airmax Long Island Inc a call at 631-737-5566 to start saving a little more today.